- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups water, divided
- 6 Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes and 1 cup water in a deep skillet or large saucepan; cook for 15 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown bratwurst; add soup, beans, onion, potatoes and remaining water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese; heat until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cheesy Bratwurst(5)
Sort By :
Other than changing to fresh green beans, I made this recipe exactly as stated. We all enjoyed it very much and the one pan clean up is a bonus.
I used wild rice and mushroom brats! Excellent!
I made this recipe for myself at supper, but,modified the soup. Used celery soup and the frozen peas. Very good
My twin daughters, who are seven years old, give this recipe a ten out of ten total points!
Good dish! I made this dish for dinner last night and wanted to comment that you may need to add some salt and pepper to the dish for more intense flavors. Also, I didn't have a skillet large enough for the whole dish to fit and so I used a dutch oven instead. (I did use a skillet to brown the bratwurst first.) We also used some of the leftover cheese to sprinkle on top of the dish once it was in our bowls.