- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups water, divided
- 6 fully cooked bratwurst links (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes and 1 cup water in a deep skillet or large saucepan; cook for 15 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown bratwurst; add soup, beans, onion, potatoes and remaining water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese; heat until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Bratwurst
"Great meal on a cold night. This is one of my husbands favorite dishes."
"Easy to follow recipe. My boyfriend liked it and it is very filling, but I thought it seemed to be missing something. I followed the recipe exactly but the finished dish was very bland. It didn't need any more salt; it was on the verge of being too salty as it was. I ended up helping this recipe along by doubling the amount of cheese, adding fresh minced garlic and some sour cream, which helped it quite a bit. Not a recipe that I would make again."
"Other than changing to fresh green beans, I made this recipe exactly as stated. We all enjoyed it very much and the one pan clean up is a bonus."
"I used wild rice and mushroom brats! Excellent!"
"My twin daughters, who are seven years old, give this recipe a ten out of ten total points!"
"Good dish! I made this dish for dinner last night and wanted to comment that you may need to add some salt and pepper to the dish for more intense flavors. Also, I didn't have a skillet large enough for the whole dish to fit and so I used a dutch oven instead. (I did use a skillet to brown the bratwurst first.) We also used some of the leftover cheese to sprinkle on top of the dish once it was in our bowls."