- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups water, divided
- 6 Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes and 1 cup water in a deep skillet or large saucepan; cook for 15 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown bratwurst; add soup, beans, onion, potatoes and remaining water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese; heat until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cheesy Bratwurst
Sort By :
"Easy to follow recipe. My boyfriend liked it and it is very filling, but I thought it seemed to be missing something. I followed the recipe exactly but the finished dish was very bland. It didn't need any more salt; it was on the verge of being too salty as it was. I ended up helping this recipe along by doubling the amount of cheese, adding fresh minced garlic and some sour cream, which helped it quite a bit. Not a recipe that I would make again."
"Other than changing to fresh green beans, I made this recipe exactly as stated. We all enjoyed it very much and the one pan clean up is a bonus."
"I used wild rice and mushroom brats! Excellent!"
"I made this recipe for myself at supper, but,modified the soup. Used celery soup and the frozen peas. Very good"
"My twin daughters, who are seven years old, give this recipe a ten out of ten total points!"