Cheesy BLT Salad Recipe
"Frank's Salad" is what this was called at Palm's Cafe in Columbus, Indiana. When my new husband and I were just out of college with little money for entertainment or dining out, we enjoyed this salad often. It has remained a favorite in a family that grew from two to seven. -Maxine Wheeler, Columbus, Indiana
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet pickles
- 1/4 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 1. In a salad bowl, toss the greens, tomatoes, bacon, pickles and cheese. In a small bowl or pitcher, combine mayonnaise and French dressing; serve with the salad. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 670 calories, 62 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,596 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC