Cheesy BLT Salad Recipe
"Frank's Salad" is what this was called at Palm's Cafe in Columbus, Indiana. When my new husband and I were just out of college with little money for entertainment or dining out, we enjoyed this salad often. It has remained a favorite in a family that grew from two to seven. -Maxine Wheeler, Columbus, Indiana
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet pickles
- 1/4 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- In a salad bowl, toss the greens, tomatoes, bacon, pickles and cheese. In a small bowl or pitcher, combine mayonnaise and French dressing; serve with the salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy BLT Salad in Reminisce Extra April 2002, p52
Reviews for Cheesy BLT Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2014
Very Good! The chopped pickles added a lot. I also added venison to the bacon when I fried it to put on top and make it a meal.