Cheesy Black Bean Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the yellow pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and corn; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the black beans, pepper and salt. Cook until vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. Spritz one side of each tortilla with cooking spray; place plain side up on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spoon bean mixture onto half of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortilla over filling.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes. Carefully turn over; bake 4-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
2 quesadillas equals 381 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.