Cheesy Biscuit Triangles Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, 1/4 teaspoon oregano and 1/4 teaspoon basil. Set one egg white aside. In a bowl, combine the egg, cheeses, buttermilk, sour cream and remaining egg white; mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut into twelve 3-in. squares; cut each diagonally in half. Place triangles on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Beat reserved egg white; brush over tops. Sprinkle with remaining oregano and basil. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
One serving (2 biscuits) equals 128 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.