- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream, until blended. Stir in green pepper, onions and spaghetti. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Beef Tetrazzini
"I have been making this for years now. It is fantastic! I like to sub half of the ground beef with Italian sausage."
"This recipe is awesome, especially the day after when all the flavors soak in. I changed all the cheese to reduced fat, and used extra lean ground beef to make it healthier. It can be frozen for a few weeks, thaw it the day before use and it still taste yummy. This will please all ages."