Cheesy Beef Taco Salad
Arlene Ghent of St. Joseph, Michigan says, "I often double the recipe so there are leftovers for lunch the next day."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn chips
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped green onions
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery, green pepper over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Drain. Stir in the cheese, tomatoes, chili powder and cumin.
- Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Stir in corn
- Line six salad plates with lettuce; sprinkle with green onions. Top
- each with 1 cup beef mixture. Garnish with tomato wedges. Yield: 6