- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn chips
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped green onions
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery, green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the cheese, tomatoes, chili powder and cumin. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Stir in corn chips.
- Line six salad plates with lettuce; sprinkle with green onions. Top each with 1 cup beef mixture. Garnish with tomato wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Beef Taco Salad
Sort By :
"I really liked the crunch of this salad, from the celery and Fritos- it was really good as leftovers in burritos too! It's pretty saucy, since the can of tomatoes is undrained, so if I was going to make it for burritos, I would drain those. Also, I substituted Mexican Asadero cheese for the Velveeta, which was divine. Tip: Don't add all the Fritos if you're going to have leftovers, or they'll get soggy (unless you like them that way)."
"Yummy!!! Even my picky, salad phobic son loved it. Granted, it's not a really healthy salad, but it is very easy and makes a great lunch for the whole family. I used ground turkey instead of ground beef, but everything else was about the same. I think I will try cutting down the amount of Velveeta next time, maybe somewhere between 1/2 lb. to 3/4 lb."
"Very Yummy! Makes alot though, which I froze to use at a later date...that will make dinner a breeze some other night!"