For a warm, hearty snack with a bit of a kick, try this recipe. It's a hit with my family, and guests rave about it, too. Ideal for parties, it makes a big potful. The only "utensil" you'll need to serve it with is a brimming bowl of tortilla chips.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 pound pepper Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheeses, taco sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms and olives. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 10 cups.
Originally published as Cheesy Beef Taco Dip in Country Woman September/October 2003, p31
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Beef Taco Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review