Cheesy Beef Stroganoff
This easy-to-fix stroganoff has become a mainstay on our dinner table.—Gerrie Ferguson, Twining, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat in oil until no longer
- pink. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper. Combine soup and milk; add
- to skillet. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream. Cook 30 minutes longer
- (do not boil).
- Add cheeses; heat for 5 minutes or until melted. Serve with noodles
- or rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.