- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat in oil until no longer pink. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper. Combine soup and milk; add to skillet. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream. Cook 30 minutes longer (do not boil).
- Add cheeses; heat for 5 minutes or until melted. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cheesy Beef Stroganoff
Sort By :
"I used minute steaks instead of the sirloin tips for this recipe. It was delicious. Probably the best steak and gravy I have ever made.Would be great over noodles, mashed potatoes or rice.If the ratings went higher than 5 stars I would rate it even higher!"
"We love this recipe! Although had us Wisconsinites anything with cheese in it and we're bound to love it ;)"