Cheesy Beef Spirals Recipe
"My mom shared this easy-to-assemble casserole years ago," recalls Brenda Marschall of Poplar Bluff, Missouri. "It's very good with garlic toast," she adds. Large shell macaroni or ziti noodles can be used instead of spiral pasta.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Place 1/2 cup of meat sauce in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drain pasta; place half over sauce. Top with half of the remaining meat sauce; spread with sour cream. Top with process cheese and remaining pasta and meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Freeze option: Freeze individual portions of cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little spaghetti sauce if necessary. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 464 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 849 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC