Cheesy Beef Pasta Recipe
A satisfying supper's just 15 minutes away with this can't-miss stovetop dish. As Janalee Watkins of Vernal, Utah explains, "Four cheeses blend with the ground beef and tomatoes for a pasta entree that's rich and flavorful."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup each shredded Swiss, cheddar and Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 3 minutes. Stir in onions and cream cheese. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Drain pasta; add to the beef mixture. Stir in the shredded cheeses and salt. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 548 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 969 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 39 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC