Cheesy Beef N Noodles
Shredded cheese, diced tomatoes and whole kernel corn jazz up ground beef in this satisfying skillet supper from Nikki Detwiler of Lancaster, Ohio.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the noodles, tomatoes, water, celery, corn, dry soup mix
- and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20
- minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.