Cheesy Beef Casserole Recipe
Field editor Ardyce Piehl of Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin notes, "This hearty casserole tastes like lasagna and makes a satisfying meal when served with a green salad and crusty garlic bread."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, onions and green pepper. Drain noodles; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat and cheese mixtures. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 468 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 783 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC