These satisfying sandwiches from Marlene Harguth of Maynard, Minnesota would be great to put together ahead of time and wrap in foil until ready to bake. Warm from the oven, the crispy buns are piled with cheesy slices of roast beef.
Featured In: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- 6 French or Italian sandwich buns, split
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in cheese sauce until melted. Cook and stir until heated through. Stir in beef until evenly coated.
- Spoon onto buns; wrap each in aluminum foil. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bread is crispy. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Beef Buns in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p12
Reviews for Cheesy Beef Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2013
"We love this; it's much less expensive than arby's beef n cheddar, and taste better."