Cheesy Beef 'n' Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute rice and garlic in butter until golden brown. Stir in water, carrots, bouillon, parsley, salt, basil and onion. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in beef. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes, stirring twice. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 310 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Beef 'n' Rice
"Love this recipe. It is so quick and tasty! I keep this recipe handy for when I need to fix something in a hurry. The beef bouillon and parsley really make it something tasty!"
"This is an easy, tasty dish. Most of my family prefers it served with ketchup--seems a little bland without anything."