Cheesy Beef 'n' Rice Recipe
"This herb-seasoned casserole is one dish that all six of our kids love," notes Gwen Bradshaw of Kennewick, Washington. Serve garlic bread and fresh spinach salad to round out the meal.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute rice and garlic in butter until golden brown. Stir in water, carrots, bouillon, parsley, salt, basil and onion. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in beef. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes, stirring twice. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC