Cheesy Beef 'n' Rice Recipe
"This herb-seasoned casserole is one dish that all six of our kids love," notes Gwen Bradshaw of Kennewick, Washington. Serve garlic bread and fresh spinach salad to round out the meal.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute rice and garlic in butter until golden brown. Stir in water, carrots, bouillon, parsley, salt, basil and onion. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in beef. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes, stirring twice. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Beef 'n' Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC