"This herb-seasoned casserole is one dish that all six of our kids love," notes Gwen Bradshaw of Kennewick, Washington. Serve garlic bread and fresh spinach salad to round out the meal.
Recommended: 35 Easy Dinners to Try This Winter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute rice and garlic in butter until golden brown. Stir in water, carrots, bouillon, parsley, salt, basil and onion. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in beef. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes, stirring twice. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Beef 'n' Rice in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p10
Reviews for Cheesy Beef 'n' Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2008
"This is an easy, tasty dish. Most of my family prefers it served with ketchup--seems a little bland without anything."