"This herb-seasoned casserole is one dish that all six of our kids love," notes Gwen Bradshaw of Kennewick, Washington. Serve garlic bread and fresh spinach salad to round out the meal.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute rice and garlic in butter until golden brown. Stir in water, carrots, bouillon, parsley, salt, basil and onion. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in beef. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes, stirring twice. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Beef 'n' Rice in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p10
Reviews for Cheesy Beef 'n' Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review