- 1 large spaghetti squash (3-1/2 pounds)
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down; microwave on high until tender, 15-20 minutes. Cool slightly. Separate strands with a fork.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; reserve drippings.
- In same pan, heat drippings over medium heat; stir in butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper until blended. Add squash; toss and heat through. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Top with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Bacon Spaghetti Squash
"Love the touch of brown sugar in the squash. Really good."
"We really enjoyed this and I made it as directed. Agree with others that there is alot you could do with this.... but as written we loved..... thanks for sharing!"
"Big squash are tough to cut but just stab it and place in microwave for 2 minutes it will be easier."
"I thought it needed more seasoning but it was good! My husband & I love trying new spaghetti squash recipes. I will experiment a little more more with the seasonings next time."
"It is hard to cut in half but it is worth the struggle. I did omit the brown sugar ( I'm Diabetic) and I used an Italian Blend shredded cheese. Then took some bread crumbs and melted butter and topped it and brown in oven for 2-3 minutes and what a fanstastic receipe, I will use this often for my self and company. Thankyou."
"This is a good alternative side dish. I find that the squash was too hard to slice in half so I poked some holes in it so it wouldn't burst in the oven, baked in shallow baking dish @375° for an hour, let it cool and then did all the prep work. Much easier than wrestling with the hard surface and taking a chance on cutting myself with an always sharpest knife. Good recipe though. Thank you."
"Just not a recipe I preferred. A little to bland. I am going to find another."
"i substituted cheddar for swiss and also added parmesian cheese as i didn't find the cheddar to be enough. I also omitted the brown sugar as i didn't care for the sweetness the first time i made it. there are tons of things you can do with this recipe, its fast and so easy."
"Kids refused to eat it from the first bite... my husband and I did not like it very much either...so we don't make it again."
"A HUGE hit at my dinner party!"