Cheesy Bacon Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl; combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bacon. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 8 muffins.
1 each: 280 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Bacon Muffins
"A perfect muffin for breakfast or even a late night snack. I added twice the amount of bacon and some chives. They turned out perfectly delicious!"