Cheesy Bacon Muffins Recipe
Savory cheese and bacon and a pinch of cayenne pepper give these slightly sweet goodies a flavorful punch. They're versatile— you can serve them for breakfast or brunch...or with soup for lunch or supper.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl; combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bacon. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 8 muffins.
1 each: 280 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Bacon Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC