Cheesy Bacon Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl; combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bacon. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 8 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Bacon Muffins
"A perfect muffin for breakfast or even a late night snack. I added twice the amount of bacon and some chives. They turned out perfectly delicious!"