Cheesy Bacon Hash Brown Bake Recipe
"About 15 years ago, a co-worker brought these rich potatoes to a potluck, and they were an instant hit," recalls Patricia Monahan, Smithfield, Rhode Island. "I've been bringing them to gatherings ever since. I usually start with frozen hash browns, bake the casserole twice as long, then transfer it to a slow cooker to keep warm while serving."
- 1 package (3 ounces) crumbled cooked bacon
- 6 cups cooked shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup process cheese sauce
- Set aside 1/4 cup bacon for topping. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, mayonnaise, cheese sauce and remaining bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the reserved bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Hash Brown Bake in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p35
Reviews for Cheesy Bacon Hash Brown Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2011
"This side dish is really good! It has good flavor, I didn't have to add anything extra. It's also very quick and very easy to make, which is a good thing if you have little time!"