"About 15 years ago, a co-worker brought these rich potatoes to a potluck, and they were an instant hit," recalls Patricia Monahan, Smithfield, Rhode Island. "I've been bringing them to gatherings ever since. I usually start with frozen hash browns, bake the casserole twice as long, then transfer it to a slow cooker to keep warm while serving."
- 1 package (3 ounces) crumbled cooked bacon
- 6 cups cooked shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup process cheese sauce
- Set aside 1/4 cup bacon for topping. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, mayonnaise, cheese sauce and remaining bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the reserved bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Hash Brown Bake in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p35
Reviews for Cheesy Bacon Hash Brown Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2011
"This side dish is really good! It has good flavor, I didn't have to add anything extra. It's also very quick and very easy to make, which is a good thing if you have little time!"