Why order out when you can have this mouthwatering pizza ready before the delivery guy shows up? And the kids can help you make it!—Vivian Taylor, Middleburg, Florida
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and oil; mix until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, garlic and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle crust with Parmesan cheese. Top with pesto, meat mixture, onion, bacon bits, and mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza in Taste of Home February/March 2010, p57
Reviews for Cheesy Bacon Burger Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review