- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and oil; mix until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, garlic and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle crust with Parmesan cheese. Top with pesto, meat mixture, onion, bacon bits, and mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Reviews for Cheesy Bacon Burger Pizza
Sort By :
Loved the tomato pesto and parmesan on the crust! Not your average pizza. Loved it!
My husband and I really liked this pizza recipe. I wouldn't say it's the best pizza ever but it was definitely worth making. The sun-dried tomato pesto was a nice change of pace. Next time though I think I might use 1/2 to 3/4 lb of meat instead. Although it was good, one pound seemed like an awful lot for only one pizza.
Just made this for dinner after putting off trying it for the past year. I followed the ingredients for the crust but assembled them in the order required for my bread
machine. I omitted the onion and instead of sun-dried tomato pesto ( couldn't find it in the local store) used "Victoria" brand
Caponata ( eggplant appetizer) pulsed
through my mini chopper instead. I baked it for closer to 15 minutes. It was DELICIOUS and pleased my picky family. The crust was also delicious and baked evenly throughout. A great recipe for when my teens have friends for dinner!
I have made this a couple of times and our family really likes it. I was a little skeptical about the pesto, but it was very good. I used my bread machine pizza dough recipe instead of the one given (like I always do) so I didn't have any problems there. We also could not find sun dried tomato pesto at our grocery store so I bought regular pesto and a package of sun dried tomatoes and mixed them together. Tasted great!!!
I've made this several times and we really like it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >