Cheesy Bacon Burger Pizza Recipe
Why order out when you can have this mouthwatering pizza ready before the delivery guy shows up? And the kids can help you make it!—Vivian Taylor, Middleburg, Florida
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and oil; mix until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, garlic and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 4. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5. Sprinkle crust with Parmesan cheese. Top with pesto, meat mixture, onion, bacon bits, and mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice equals 653 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,711 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Bacon Burger Pizza
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC