Asparagus lovers will be delighted with this soup. It starts with lots of cooked fresh asparagus to which I add asparagus soup.—Patricia Lockard, Rockford, Michigan
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 2 soup cans milk
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushroom, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large kettle, cook asparagus and onion in a small amount of water until tender. Drain liquid. Add all remaining ingredients; heat over medium until the cheese is melted and the soup is hot. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Asparagus Soup in Country Woman March/April 1991, p35
Reviews for Cheesy Asparagus Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review