- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 2 soup cans milk
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushroom, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large kettle, cook asparagus and onion in a small amount of water until tender. Drain liquid. Add all remaining ingredients; heat over medium until the cheese is melted and the soup is hot. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Asparagus Soup
Sort By :
"I use half & half instead of milk. Add one 8 oz container Philadelphia brand WHIPPED cream cheese with chive... makes for smooth texture, added flavor. Season with dried rosemary. DELICIOUS... thank you!"
"This was fantastic! I used heavy cream instead of milk, because that's how I roll (literally). :D"