Cheesy Asparagus Sesame Rolls Recipe
These appealing appetizers are nice-looking on a buffet and always disappear fast. The cheeses and asparagus blend for a delicious flavor. They're quick to fix, too. -Donna Folk, Berwick, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 12 bread slices, crusts removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Trim asparagus spears to 6 in.; set aside. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until blended. Spread over bread; top with an asparagus spear and roll up tightly.
- 2. Roll in butter; place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 roll equals 210 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC