- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 12 bread slices, crusts removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Trim asparagus spears to 6 in.; set aside. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until blended. Spread over bread; top with an asparagus spear and roll up tightly.
- Roll in butter; place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesy Asparagus Sesame Rolls
Sort By :
This was one of the first recipes I ever made from TOH back in my early teens. Its very easy and a nice change from the usual way I make asparagus. I skipped the blue cheese and used chive and onion cream cheese added a dash of lemon pepper. They turned out great!
These were very good! A small meal or a great appetizer. Simple and yummy.
I remember chef Marion Rombauer Becker describing bread that was flattened out with a rolling pin as "having a dreadful texture", so I think I'll pass on this one!