- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Combine cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, oregano and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the onion mixture and eggs.
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain well.
- Stir into cheese mixture. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cut into small squares; serve warm. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Cheesy Asparagus Bites in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p27
Reviews for Cheesy Asparagus Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
This is a great recipe but I have no idea how anyone could get 5 doz. out of it.
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2010
These were a great hit! Easy to make and delicious. I will make this again and again.
Joyce St. Cyr - Plymouth, Mn
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >