Cheesy Artichoke Squares
"This is a wonderful appetizer," relates Katy Joosten of Suamico, Wisconsin. Guest are sure to love the tempting topping on the warm squares, and you will love how easy this recipe is to make with convenient crescent roll dough.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a small bowl, beat the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, artichokes
- and garlic until blended.
- Unroll both tubes of crescent dough into rectangles. Place dough in
- an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; press onto the
- bottom of pan, sealing seams and perforations. Spread with artichoke
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cut into squares. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 165 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.