Cheesy Artichoke Mini Tarts Recipe
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Fresh dill or tarragon sprigs, optional
- 1. Gently press wonton wrappers into miniature muffins cups coated with cooking spray, allowing edges to extend above cups. Spritz edges with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mustard and cayenne until blended. Stir in artichokes and red pepper. Spoon into wonton cups.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until cheese mixture is set and wontons are lightly browned. Garnish with dill or tarragon if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 each: 157 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cheesy Artichoke Mini Tarts
"These were fun and tasty with a little kick from the cayenne pepper. Bake on a lower rack so the edges of the wonton wrappers don't get brown too quickly."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer