Cheesy Artichoke Mini Tarts Recipe
Good-for-you things come in tasty little packages when you follow the recipe Barbara Nowakowski sent from North Tonawanda, New York. Wonton wrappers form the crisp cups that hold the cheddary artichoke filling in these cute appetizers.
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Fresh dill or tarragon sprigs, optional
- 1. Gently press wonton wrappers into miniature muffins cups coated with cooking spray, allowing edges to extend above cups. Spritz edges with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mustard and cayenne until blended. Stir in artichokes and red pepper. Spoon into wonton cups.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until cheese mixture is set and wontons are lightly browned. Garnish with dill or tarragon if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 each: 157 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cheesy Artichoke Mini Tarts
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC