Good-for-you things come in tasty little packages when you follow the recipe Barbara Nowakowski sent from North Tonawanda, New York. Wonton wrappers form the crisp cups that hold the cheddary artichoke filling in these cute appetizers.
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Fresh dill or tarragon sprigs, optional
- Gently press wonton wrappers into miniature muffins cups coated with cooking spray, allowing edges to extend above cups. Spritz edges with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mustard and cayenne until blended. Stir in artichokes and red pepper. Spoon into wonton cups.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until cheese mixture is set and wontons are lightly browned. Garnish with dill or tarragon if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cheesy Artichoke Mini Tarts in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p60
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cheesy Artichoke Mini Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2011
"These were fun and tasty with a little kick from the cayenne pepper. Bake on a lower rack so the edges of the wonton wrappers don't get brown too quickly."