Cheesy Artichoke Garlic Loaf Recipe
- 1 loaf (20 inches) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Additional parsley
- 1. Carefully hollow out top and bottom of bread, leaving 1/4-in. shells; set aside. Cut removed bread into small cubes.
- 2. In a skillet, melt butter. Add the bread cubes, garlic and sesame seeds; cook and stir until butter is absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- 3. In a bowl, combine sour cream, Parmesan, parsley, lemon-pepper, Monterey Jack cheese, artichokes, olives and bread mixture. Spoon into bread shells; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with tomato and additional parsley. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 335 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Artichoke Garlic Loaf
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.