Cheesy Artichoke Garlic Loaf Recipe
Even people who don't like artichokes will enjoy slices of this delicious crusty bread. The soft interior is rich with sour cream, three kinds of cheese and other goodies.
- 1 loaf (20 inches) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Additional parsley
- Carefully hollow out top and bottom of bread, leaving 1/4-in. shells; set aside. Cut removed bread into small cubes.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add the bread cubes, garlic and sesame seeds; cook and stir until butter is absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, Parmesan, parsley, lemon-pepper, Monterey Jack cheese, artichokes, olives and bread mixture. Spoon into bread shells; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with tomato and additional parsley. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Artichoke Garlic Loaf in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p21
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Artichoke Garlic Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >