Cheesy Artichoke Dip
"I first tasted this warm, well-flavored dip at our daughter's house—and immediately asked for the recipe," relates Ramona Larson, a homemaker from Andover, Minnesota. Since then, she's served it herself at family gatherings. "Everyone who tries it comes back for more," she reports. If you'd like, you can place the dip in a hollowed-out-artichoke, just like our kitchen crafters did. Or keep
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 3 fresh artichokes, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, mozzarella
- cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, onion, parsley and garlic salt.
- Spoon into an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining
- Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. If desired, use fresh
- artichokes as serving "bowls". Remove the center leaves, leaving a
- hollow shell; spoon dip into shell. Serve warm with crackers. Yield:
- 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 160 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.