Cheesy Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 3 fresh artichokes, optional
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, onion, parsley and garlic salt. Spoon into an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. If desired, use fresh artichokes as serving "bowls". Remove the center leaves, leaving a hollow shell; spoon dip into shell. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 16 servings.
2 tablespoon: 160 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Artichoke Dip
"I really loved this dip, but the second time around I made a few changes that worked better for me. I used only the 1/2 cup of Parmesan, and cut the mozzarella back just a bit too. I used garlic powder instead of garlic salt, some oregano instead of parsley, and added a bit of chopped spinach (from frozen, just thaw and squeeze dry). The dip is decadent; try it on hot cooked pasta too!"
"We love this dip. I do cut the mayo down to a 1/2 to 2/3 C. and don't top with Parmesan cheese, just use the stirred in part. My daughter likes to stir in a bit of chopped fresh spinach when she makes it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.