- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 3 fresh artichokes, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, onion, parsley and garlic salt. Spoon into an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. If desired, use fresh artichokes as serving "bowls". Remove the center leaves, leaving a hollow shell; spoon dip into shell. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 16 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Artichoke Dip
Sort By :
"I really loved this dip, but the second time around I made a few changes that worked better for me. I used only the 1/2 cup of Parmesan, and cut the mozzarella back just a bit too. I used garlic powder instead of garlic salt, some oregano instead of parsley, and added a bit of chopped spinach (from frozen, just thaw and squeeze dry). The dip is decadent; try it on hot cooked pasta too!"
"We love this dip. I do cut the mayo down to a 1/2 to 2/3 C. and don't top with Parmesan cheese, just use the stirred in part. My daughter likes to stir in a bit of chopped fresh spinach when she makes it."