Cheesy Apple Salad
Fruit, celery, nuts and cheese make a merry medley in this tangy twist on traditional Waldorf salad, says St. Louis, Missouri cook Valerie Belley. And because it's sized for a pair, there are no leftovers to worry about.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, mayonnaise, lemon juice and
- orange peel until combined. In another bowl, combine the apple,
- cheese, celery and walnuts. Add orange juice mixture and stir to
- coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 376 calories, 29 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.