Fruit, celery, nuts and cheese make a merry medley in this tangy twist on traditional Waldorf salad, says St. Louis, Missouri cook Valerie Belley. And because it's sized for a pair, there are no leftovers to worry about.
Recommended: Genius Foods to Pack for Your Next Plane Ride
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, mayonnaise, lemon juice and orange peel until combined. In another bowl, combine the apple, cheese, celery and walnuts. Add orange juice mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Apple Salad in Country Woman November/December 2004, p37
Reviews for Cheesy Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review