Cheesy Apple Crisp Recipe
When "the gang's all here", Rita Wilken of Bloomfield, Nebraska likes to serve this dessert topped with whipped cream. When we tried it in our Test Kitchen, we agreed it would top off any meal deliciously!
- 13 quarts apples (about 42 medium), peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 8 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups cold butter
- 8 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- Arrange apples in four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Combine water and lemon juice; sprinkle over apples. Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gently stir in cheese. Spread over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 100 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Apple Crisp in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p49
Reviews for Cheesy Apple Crisp(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review