Thin slices of roast beef are topped with peppers, onions and cheese to create this satisfying stacked sandwich. It's quick-to-fix, flavorful and sure to please even the biggest appetite. Accompany it with deli potato salad and peanut butter brownies...or serve frozen french fries and store-bought sugar cookies for dessert.
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 submarine sandwich buns, split
- In a small skillet, saute the peppers and onion in oil until tender. Cut cheese slices in half. Place beef and cheese on the bottom of each bun. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with pepper mixture and bun tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesesteak Subs in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p45
Reviews for Cheesesteak Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2008
"I would warm up the deli roast beef. It didn't say to in the recipe so it was still kind of cold. I'll warm it up next time."