Thin slices of roast beef are topped with peppers, onions and cheese to create this satisfying stacked sandwich. It's quick-to-fix, flavorful and sure to please even the biggest appetite. Accompany it with deli potato salad and peanut butter brownies...or serve frozen french fries and store-bought sugar cookies for dessert.
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 submarine sandwich buns, split
- In a small skillet, saute the peppers and onion in oil until tender. Cut cheese slices in half. Place beef and cheese on the bottom of each bun. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with pepper mixture and bun tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesesteak Subs in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p45
Reviews for Cheesesteak Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review