- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cartons (4 ounces each) whipped cream cheese
- Moss-green paste food coloring
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 pepperoncini
- 3 colossal ripe olives
- 2 slices peeled parsnip
- Black decorating gel
- 1 pretzel rod
- 1 small cucumber
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese, bacon and onions. Shape into a 5-in. x 4-in. x 3-in. rectangle; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Unwrap rectangle; place on a serving platter with a 3-in. side on top. Tint whipped cream cheese green; spread over top and sides of rectangle.
- Add chopped ripe olives for hair and pepperoncinis for ears. Cut one colossal olive in half; add parsnip slices and olive halves for eyes. With black decorating gel, pipe the brow, mouth and stitches.
- Break pretzel rod in half; add a colossal olive to each end. Press into sides of head for bolts. Cut a small piece from end of cucumber for a nose (save remaining cucumber for another use). Serve with vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Cheesenstein
"This was AWESOME!!!!!!! I made this for Halloween (yes, I'm slow in reviewing) and everyone RAVED over it. Not only is Cheesenstein adorable, but tasty as well! I've modified him into a "Cheeseter Egg," too, and my office asks me to make one for every holiday now. Hahaha"
"Fun to make. Big hit at party."
"Cheesenstein was a hit!"
"Made the inside of the cheese ball the day before and it was perfect"
"I have this for five different parties and it is a big hit. I do add a tablespoon of ranch dip for a little extra zip. I also found that the black gel for the eyebrows and mouth tended to run so I just tinted some of the cream cheese black and used that. If you mix the black food coloring with a little cream cheese in a plastic baggie, there is no mess then just snip a corner off to pipe it on."
"i made this into a mummy for a Halloween themed baby shower loved it the best cheese ball recipe i have ever had"
"This was great! The visual was just as the picture and it tasted yummy."
"I made this for our party at work and it was great!It looked fantastic and was tasty. Will definitely do again."
"This recipe not only looks great, the taste is just as good. This was huge hit at my party. People we afraid to be the first one to eat it. They didn't want to ruin it.-Lori in PA"