This creamy, fun dip will be the hit of every Halloween party! I've done several variations of this cheese ball. My daughters really love it! —Nila Grahl, Gurnee, Illinois
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cartons (4 ounces each) whipped cream cheese
- Moss-green paste food coloring
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 pepperoncini
- 3 colossal ripe olives
- 2 slices peeled parsnip
- Black decorating gel
- 1 pretzel rod
- 1 small cucumber
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese, bacon and onions. Shape into a 5-in. x 4-in. x 3-in. rectangle; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Unwrap rectangle; place on a serving platter with a 3-in. side on top. Tint whipped cream cheese green; spread over top and sides of rectangle.
- 3. Add chopped ripe olives for hair and pepperoncinis for ears. Cut one colossal olive in half; add parsnip slices and olive halves for eyes. With black decorating gel, pipe the brow, mouth and stitches.
- 4. Break pretzel rod in half; add a colossal olive to each end. Press into sides of head for bolts. Cut a small piece from end of cucumber for a nose (save remaining cucumber for another use). Serve with vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables) equals 329 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesenstein
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC