This creamy, fun dip will be the hit of every Halloween party! I've done several variations of this cheese ball. My daughters really love it! —Nila Grahl, Gurnee, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cartons (4 ounces each) whipped cream cheese
- Moss-green paste food coloring
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 pepperoncini
- 3 colossal ripe olives
- 2 slices peeled parsnip
- Black decorating gel
- 1 pretzel rod
- 1 small cucumber
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese, bacon and onions. Shape into a 5-in. x 4-in. x 3-in. rectangle; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Unwrap rectangle; place on a serving platter with a 3-in. side on top. Tint whipped cream cheese green; spread over top and sides of rectangle.
- 3. Add chopped ripe olives for hair and pepperoncinis for ears. Cut one colossal olive in half; add parsnip slices and olive halves for eyes. With black decorating gel, pipe the brow, mouth and stitches.
- 4. Break pretzel rod in half; add a colossal olive to each end. Press into sides of head for bolts. Cut a small piece from end of cucumber for a nose (save remaining cucumber for another use). Serve with vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables) equals 329 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC