- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cartons (4 ounces each) whipped cream cheese
- Moss-green paste food coloring
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 pepperoncini
- 3 colossal ripe olives
- 2 slices peeled parsnip
- Black decorating gel
- 1 pretzel rod
- 1 small cucumber
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese, bacon and onions. Shape into a 5-in. x 4-in. x 3-in. rectangle; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Unwrap rectangle; place on a serving platter with a 3-in. side on top. Tint whipped cream cheese green; spread over top and sides of rectangle.
- Add chopped ripe olives for hair and pepperoncinis for ears. Cut one colossal olive in half; add parsnip slices and olive halves for eyes. With black decorating gel, pipe the brow, mouth and stitches.
- Break pretzel rod in half; add a colossal olive to each end. Press into sides of head for bolts. Cut a small piece from end of cucumber for a nose (save remaining cucumber for another use). Serve with vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Cheesenstein
Sort By :
This was AWESOME!!!!!!! I made this for Halloween (yes, I'm slow in reviewing) and everyone RAVED over it. Not only is Cheesenstein adorable, but tasty as well! I've modified him into a "Cheeseter Egg," too, and my office asks me to make one for every holiday now. Hahaha
Fun to make. Big hit at party.
Cheesenstein was a hit!
Made the inside of the cheese ball the day before and it was perfect
I have this for five different parties and it is a big hit. I do add a tablespoon of ranch dip for a little extra zip. I also found that the black gel for the eyebrows and mouth tended to run so I just tinted some of the cream cheese black and used that. If you mix the black food coloring with a little cream cheese in a plastic baggie, there is no mess then just snip a corner off to pipe it on.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Dip >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Halloween Appetizers >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >