- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into
- cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or
- until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour
- longer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- For topping, combine sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a small
- saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 2 minutes. Stir
- in pineapple. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining
- water until smooth; stir into pineapple mixture. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely.
- Spread topping over cheesecake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 521 calories, 34 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 190 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.