This creamy cheesecake is a family tradition; I've even shipped it to my daughter as a special treat. Using seasonal berries, it's an excellent dessert any time of year. —Jeanette Volker, Walton, Nebraska
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen raspberries or blueberries , thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around outside of pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of prepared pan. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For toppings, place berries and sugar in a food processor; process until blended. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Serve cheesecake with sauce and whipped cream. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cheesecake with Berry Sauce in Country Woman July/August 2006
Reviews for Cheesecake with Berry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review