Cheesecake with Berry Sauce Recipe
It is a family tradition to make this for our Christmas dinner. And when my daughter was away from home, I made this for her birthday—I shipped it with candles on dry ice. —Jeanette Volker, Walton, Nebraska
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen raspberries or blueberries , thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around outside of pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of prepared pan. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- 5. For toppings, place berries and sugar in a food processor; process until blended. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- 6. Remove rim from springform pan. Serve cheesecake with sauce and whipped cream. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 423 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC