- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen raspberries or blueberries , thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around outside of pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of prepared pan. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For toppings, place berries and sugar in a food processor; process until blended. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Serve cheesecake with sauce and whipped cream. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Cheesecake with Berry Sauce
Sort By :
"awesome cheesecake. the eggs made it extra light. Upon first removing it from the oven, i tried it and it had a very odd texture, like a souffle, but the secret was refrigerating it overnight at which time it returned to the traditional cheese cake texture. I made a blueberry compote, however, instead of the berry sauce. I always have frozen blueberries in freezer from the summer and i think it makes a much better presentation along with taste. the cheesecake is not sweet and needs the extra berry sauce on top. I also had to bake mine for 1 1/2 hrs. I used a 9 inch springform pan so maybe that is why it took longer. the directions called for a 10 inch pan. I also took some out of the pan and put it in a small pyrex dish to bake as it came up to nearly the top of the pan!"
"This is delicious. I made it a day ahead and it was great but even better the next day. I served it with elderberry syrup. I'm going to freeze a piece and see how it makes out. Everyone loved it. Janet. VFE"
"Quick question: Would this work with fresh berries as well? I've made the cheesecake many times, and it is DIVINE!"
"New favorite cheesecake recipe! Great served with fresh strawberries as well."