- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen blueberries or raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For toppings, place berries and sugar in a food processor; process until blended. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Serve cheesecake with sauce and whipped cream. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Cheesecake with Berry Sauce
Sort By :
"Absolutely delicious - the raspberry sauce was easy and mouth watering."
"An idea for junetennant: I've had great luck freezing cheesecake. Wrap pieces individually and place in a freezer bag. Another idea would be to make the whole cake and share the excess with your neighbors. They'll love you!"
"I have not tried this yet, as I just barely got it in my email box, but I fully intend to. You piqued my curiosity right off when you said you shipped it in dry ice. Where can I buy dry ice? I have a son and three sisters out of state, so I would like to copy your recipe and shipping method. By the way, the cheesecake sounds great to eat at home too! Thanks!"
"Too bad it is for so many servings. Looks hard to scale down to 4."
"Awesome cheesecake, this is a winner, but next time I would make it the night before serving. I waited 2 hours before serving and it wasn't solid or set. The raspberry sauce plus whip cream is great."