- 1-2/3 cups crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 50 wafers)
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Combine wafer crumbs, sugar substitute and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Beat in the eggs, whites and vanilla on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 300° for 40-45 minutes or just until center is set and top appears dull. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Cut into slices; top with strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cheesecake with Berries in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p47
Reviews for Cheesecake with Berries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review