Cheesecake Strawberry Trifle Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 38 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) strawberry pie filling
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sour cream; mix well.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine crackers and butter.
- 4. In a 2-1/2-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cream cheese mixture, crumbs and pie filling. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 369 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesecake Strawberry Trifle
"This disappeared faster than almost anything I've ever made for my co-workers--a huge hit! I made a plain yellow cake (cubed/crumbled), used cheesecake flavored pudding mix, and frozen strawberries with a little bit of sugar added (couldn't find the pie filling, and I think it wold have been too sweet anyway)."
"I love this recipe. I usually add pound cake and make my own strawberry filling."
"This was a great dessert, but I used cherry pie filling since I couldn't find strawberry pie filling and it was a big hit!"
"I use cherry pie filling and it's a favorite with my family! Two days ago, I made this for a work picnic and won 1st prize in the desserts category! Love it!"
"Delicious and so easy to make. Next time I might substitute lemon pudding for the vanilla, just for a little change."
"So yummy and always disappears so fast! Have been making this for years and also use cherry pie filling and graham crackers. Even goes fast if made in a throw away pan. Perfect dessert!"
"I've made this recipe several times now and always use a different fruit! Our favourite so far is pineapple! YUM! It's a natural sweet instead of being too rich but it tastes decadent! I also used graham crackers instead of butter cookies as a variant. Looks awesome for presentation and everyone eats it right up!"
"I have made this recipe so many times. Its good in the summer or winter. My family loves it. I use graham crackers instead of butter crackers though."
"I LOVE this recipe. I use fat free dairy products to lower the calories, but doesn't change the taste! I also use graham crakers instead of butter crackers (just a personal preference). Definately a huge hit everywhere I take it."
"We made this for a church dinner and everyone loved it. I would highly recommend it. It is quick and easy, and very tasty."
"I have made this recipe about 100 times but I always use cherry pie filling it is excellent!!"
"This was excellent!"
"I took this to a potluck at work. It was a hit! I used cheesecake pudding instead of vanilla. Very yummy! I will be making it again for sure."